British standards programme
|Class 1||Class 2||Class 3||Class 4||Class 5||Class 6||Class 7||Class 8||Class 9|
|Preparation for state exams (OGE and EGE)||1|
Students of ILA ASPECT British School study according to the General Education Programme (FGOS) and the additional British standards programme, which is more than just learning English, as it also includes a number of subjects taught in English by foreign teachers.
The academic programme for primary school selected by ILA ASPECT British School teaching staff is called ‘Primary school of the XXI century’. Not only does it meet the goals of modernising primary education, but it also allowes to successfully achieve one of the fundemantal educationanl objectives of developing key components of learning. ‘Primary school of the XXI century’ best corresponds to the programmes of study delivered in the UK schools. This programme perfectly fits into the concept of the best private ILA ASPECT British school.
In our prestigious school in addition to English classes in the core academic programme, children have a unique opportunity to study various subjects taught in English (e.g. Country Studies, Music, Science, Public Speaking, Design and Creative Writing, Academic Writing). These courses are based on the CLIL educational technology (Content and Language Integrated Learning), which is considered to be one of the most effective teaching methods today. In CLIL classes, English becomes a helpful tool for students in studying a special subject, broademimg their minds as well as developing their communication and thinking skills.
Students of ILA ASPECT British school prepare for and successfully pass Young Learners Cambridge exams every year:
- Pre A1 Starters
- A1 Movers
- A2 Flyers
- A2 Keys for Schools
- B1 Preliminary for Schools
- B2 First for Schools
In 2011 International Educational Centre ILA ASPECT was officially recognized as Cambridge ESOL Exam Preparation Centre.
This award serves as a mark of distinction and proof that the company adheres to the highest global standards in teaching English.
Federal State Education Standard (FGOS), primary school
|Class 1||Class 2||Class 3||Class 4|
|World Around Us||2||2||2||2|
Federal State Education Standard (FGOS), secondary school
|Class 5||Class 6||Class 7||Class 8||Class 9|
|Health and Wellness||1||1|
|Second foreign language||2||2||2||2||2|
Federal State Education Standard (FGOS), high school
In 10th and 11th grades, students study according to an individual programme under one of the selected specialties:
- Mathematics and Physics
- Physics and Chemistry
- Chemistry and Biology
- Humanities and Social Studies
- Information Technology.
THE MISSION OF THE ILA ASPECT BRITISH SCHOOL
To provide high quality education based on Russian (FGOS) and British (BNC) educational standards in a bilingual learning and social environment with the aim to prepare pupils to study and communicate in an international community. Our work is based on a solid system of expectations and a shared common vision of our multinational teaching staff.
Culture programme and celebrations
|1st September||Day of Knowledge (RU), ASPECT Charity Event|
|5th November||Guy Fawkes (UK)|
|11th November||Remembrance Day (UK)|
|4th Thursday in November||Thanksgiving Day (US)|
|The last Sunday of November||Mother’s Day|
|25th December||Christmas Day (US/UK), New Year Concerts|
|27th January||The Lifting of the Leningrad Siege (RU)|
|2nd February||Groundhog Day (US)|
|14th February||St. Valentine’s Day|
|23rd February||Defenders of the Fatherland Day (RU), Sports Celebrations|
|8th March||International Women’s Day, Pancake Day / Shrove Tuesday|
|17th March||St. Patrick’s Day|
|1st April||Day of Laughter (RU), Easter|
|22nd April||Earth Day|
|23rd April||World Book Day|
|9th May||Victory Day (RU), Assembly|
|27th May||St Petersburg City Day|
|31st May||ILA ASPECT Birthday|
|1st June||International Children’s Day / Sports Day|
|12th June||Day of Russia|
The core values
- Our pupils’ positive attitude, their motivation, and willingness to learn when they come to school.
- An innovative and creative approach to education based on excellent programmes and method, delivered by highly qualified teachers.
- A positive and safe environment with acceptance of diverse nationalities and religions as a fundamental pillar.
- A respectful attitude towards one’s own, others’, and the school’s property.
- The ability to work as and in a team, help, and support each other.
- Respectful attitudes toward oneself and others. Freedom of one person ends where another person’s limitations start.
- Charity as a foundational pillar of our community.
- Adopting a holistic approach to every child’s development.
- We foster creative thinking and problem solving.
- We immerse and engage pupils in Russian and European cultural life and values.
- Relaxation time during classes and at break time.
- Following the etiquette rules during meals in the café.
- English music during breaks.
- Culture programme to introduce celebrations and traditions of both the English-speaking countries and Russia.
- Friendship and mutual help between pupils combined with positive competition in class.
- 31st May – ILA ASPECT Birthday.
- Christmas Performance and Women’s Day Performance.
- School uniform in traditional colours of ILA ASPECT: red, grey, black.
- British theatre for our pupils’ self-expression.
- .Travelling to English speaking countries.
- Summer programmes with international teachers from ILA ASPECT based in camps in Russia, The Czech Republic, Bulgaria, Sweden, Finland, and Great Britain.
- .Holding contests and academic competitions.
- Project activities.
- Talks with interesting people.
- Thematic talks.
- Community of parents – like-minded people and helpers supporting our pupils’ success.
- End of year School Assembly.
Specifics and Expectations
- is walking to your destination
- is thinking before acting on impulse
Being respectful means
- showing respect by listening to teachers and others directions
- being kind and considerate to yourself and others
- taking care of school property and materials
- keeping the classroom and school tidy
Take the responsibility
- for your own learning by working in class and doing your homework
- for your actions by keeping your hands, feet, and belongings to yourself
- for your own belongings by keeping your locker and desk tidy