KRESTOVSKY academic programmes
Academic programme (3-6 year olds)
There are seven areas of learning and development that include the stage of preparation for primary school:
- Personal, social and emotional development
- Language and communication
- Physical development
- Understanding and exploring the world around us
- Expressive arts and design.
- Students study according to a varied and extensive academic programme.
Academic programmes (7-11 year olds)
The prestigious private ILA ASPECT British school on Krestovsky Island provides a unique opportunity for children to get an education based on the British educational system.
Education is based on two academic programmes – the British and Russian (FGOS).
Schedule divides the school day in three parts: British, Russian, and creative and sports oriented subjects which help children to discover their abilities and enjoy learning process. This section details both British and Russian academic programmes.
FGOS Federal Russian state education programme
|Class 1||Class 2||Class 3||Class 4|
|World Around Us||2||2||2||2|
'British standards' programmes
|Class 1||Class 2||Class 3||Class 4|
|Arts & Crafts||1||1||1||1|
PE programmes of study play a significant part in ILA ASPECT curriculum as sports contribute greatly to the emotional, intellectual and personal development. Participation in regular outside playtime and active games outdoors, PE lessons and sports clubs instills good healthy habits of active lifestile, teaches teamwork skills and the importance of following rules, as well as develops leadership skills.
THE MISSION OF THE ILA ASPECT BRITISH SCHOOL
To provide high quality education based on Russian (FGOS) and British (BNC) educational standards in a bilingual learning and social environment with the aim to prepare pupils to study and communicate in an international community. Our work is based on a solid system of expectations and a shared common vision of our multinational teaching staff.
Culture programme and celebrations
|1st September||Day of Knowledge (RU), ASPECT Charity Event|
|5th November||Guy Fawkes (UK)|
|11th November||Remembrance Day (UK)|
|4th Thursday in November||Thanksgiving Day (US)|
|The last Sunday of November||Mother’s Day|
|25th December||Christmas Day (US/UK), New Year Concerts|
|27th January||The Lifting of the Leningrad Siege (RU)|
|2nd February||Groundhog Day (US)|
|14th February||St. Valentine’s Day|
|23rd February||Defenders of the Fatherland Day (RU), Sports Celebrations|
|8th March||International Women’s Day, Pancake Day / Shrove Tuesday|
|17th March||St. Patrick’s Day|
|1st April||Day of Laughter (RU), Easter|
|22nd April||Earth Day|
|23rd April||World Book Day|
|9th May||Victory Day (RU), Assembly|
|27th May||St Petersburg City Day|
|31st May||ILA ASPECT Birthday|
|1st June||International Children’s Day / Sports Day|
|12th June||Day of Russia|
The core values
- Our pupils’ positive attitude, their motivation, and willingness to learn when they come to school.
- An innovative and creative approach to education based on excellent programmes and method, delivered by highly qualified teachers.
- A positive and safe environment with acceptance of diverse nationalities and religions as a fundamental pillar.
- A respectful attitude towards one’s own, others’, and the school’s property.
- The ability to work as and in a team, help, and support each other.
- Respectful attitudes toward oneself and others. Freedom of one person ends where another person’s limitations start.
- Charity as a foundational pillar of our community.
- Adopting a holistic approach to every child’s development.
- We foster creative thinking and problem solving.
- We immerse and engage pupils in Russian and European cultural life and values.
- Relaxation time during classes and at break time.
- Following the etiquette rules during meals in the café.
- English music during breaks.
- Culture programme to introduce celebrations and traditions of both the English-speaking countries and Russia.
- Friendship and mutual help between pupils combined with positive competition in class.
- 31st May – ILA ASPECT Birthday.
- Christmas Performance and Women’s Day Performance.
- School uniform in traditional colours of ILA ASPECT: red, grey, black.
- British theatre for our pupils’ self-expression.
- .Travelling to English speaking countries.
- Summer programmes with international teachers from ILA ASPECT based in camps in Russia, The Czech Republic, Bulgaria, Sweden, Finland, and Great Britain.
- .Holding contests and academic competitions.
- Project activities.
- Talks with interesting people.
- Thematic talks.
- Community of parents – like-minded people and helpers supporting our pupils’ success.
- End of year School Assembly.
Specifics and Expectations
- is walking to your destination
- is thinking before acting on impulse
Being respectful means
- showing respect by listening to teachers and others directions
- being kind and considerate to yourself and others
- taking care of school property and materials
- keeping the classroom and school tidy
Take the responsibility
- for your own learning by working in class and doing your homework
- for your actions by keeping your hands, feet, and belongings to yourself
- for your own belongings by keeping your locker and desk tidy